Thing 12: Final Reflection


I have participated in cool tools for 3 or 4 years and I have gotten so much out of it.

Last year I had some health issues and wasn’t able to complete the program but this year I was determined to complete at least 5 and maybe 10.

This year, I was excited to see that there were many new topics that I was particularly interested in and also many others that as usual have been updated from previous years.

What I like most about the “cool tools” programs is that it gives me a reason to look at a given topic more in depth.  A good example is the digital citizenship cool tool. As I mentioned in that blog, I have wanted to create lessons on that topic for a while and hadn’t had a chance to take the time to research it. Now I have the information to put it together.

The challenge for completing cool tools is always time but I like the combination of printing information and then going back and drilling down to get the additional resources. I prefer reading something on paper rather than online (maybe in the future I will use Digital Paper?)

I love the flexibility of self-driven, online learning at my own pace and at my own time.

I already have some topics I would like to look at next year (ex: New AASL standards which I printed but didn’t have time to take it all in.)

I was able to complete all 10 (including this final reflection) and I have used some things with students already (ex: book creator on the PC) and I am still working on others (digital citizenship) but I continually pull things from different cool tools to use for various processes and projects.

Comments

  1. Wonderful! Glad your health is better this year. And happy that you were able to get so much out of the workshop. Congrats on finishing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 14 - Digital EBook Creation

Thing 24-Digital Tattoo and Digital Citizenship

Thing 37: Green Screen Fun